Monday, February 9, 2009

This past week has been insane. My Daddy (yes, he is still my Daddy as my brother likes to point at, even though I am in my FORTIES)....well, he has cancer. Kidney cancer.

It was a bad experience all the way around. The doctor was a jerk. We had been waiting for two days to find out what was going on. Dad was inpatient for pain and we knew there was a lesion and cysts on the kidneys and cysts on the liver but Dr. Ojerk, one of the partners, had to be paged. Mom and I had just left. 11:00 at night (!) when my dad was ALL ALONE (!), Dr. Ojerk came in and told him that they would have to take the cancerous kidney out!!!!!

I am still in shock and I think it's a good thing because when I start feeling the shock wear off I have a huge lump in my throat.

There will be no not me's today but I have a ton for next week....like no way, not me, I would never tell all of the nurses AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE HOSPITAL who would listen, how mad I was at Dr. Ojerk.

We are going for a second opinion at a teaching hospital on February 26th.

1 comment: