Thursday, November 6, 2008

The future with Obama

You know, I have decided to focus on the positives regarding Barack Obama, our soon to be President.

I was opposed to him mainly because of his abortion stand and concern about a possible reluctance to act in a timely manner in regards to national security. Well, I have a few other minor hesitations but those were my main ones :)

However, there are definitely some great things about him. For one, he is African American. I believe that this is an excellent step for our country!!!

I also think that it is great that we will have a president with young children! He will see, every day, the future in front of him in his children.

I like his wife. I think she is sweet, smart and a loving mother.

Of course I liked Cindy McCain, too.....and Sarah Palin. I hope that we can all focus on the things that we are excited about and move forward.

So my candidate of choice didn't make it, but we do not have a king, we have a president and I am hoping for the very best!!!

I also hope that we can all show our president respect. We may not agree with every decision made but I've heard enough bashing to last a lifetime.

No comments: