Saturday, December 20, 2008

insensitive?

Next week I am planning to post pictures of my children "then and now" and do some real blogging on the loves of my life but today something is just crying out inside of me to be shared. I really do not mind if no one but me ever reads this but I need to get it out.

I am a sensitive person. I have been told this all of my life. How do I overcome that or should I? Isn't it sensitivity that helps us become in tune with other's feelings? Contribute to our sense of altruism? Keeps us from become selfish and uncaring and insensitive?

But being sensitive has not helped me in many ways. When in a job and I find out that co-workers are talking about me, it hurts and is hard to ignore and yet almost impossible to confront in a professional manner.

In families, little things are said or done and it sticks with me. It hurts. With friends it is the same way and sometimes I find myself ending friendships because of it.

I am sure that I have wounded, especially with words. I am also quite certain that most of the time it was completely taken out of context and I probably do the same exact thing.

So IF anyone reads this and has some ideas on how I can overcome this overly sensitive personality/disposition, please share.

1 comment:

PALFORCE said...

I have been called sensitive as well.

I remember myself being sensitive to different things from people around me, I used to try and over come it by telling myself stuff like "Don't sweat the small stuff" & "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
It helped a little, but later on I realized, that is how I am Sensitive and I learned to accept it and live with it.

We are all a bundle of emotions some more than others, but again that's what makes us different.

Celebrate your own individuality, enjoy who you are. People around you love that in you and learn how to work around your kinks.

Peace :-)

Killi